Latest update on the AIUM's Hands-on Diagnostic & Interventional MSK Ultrasound Course, scheduled from May 1–3, 2020, in Gulf Breeze, FL.
Click here to learn more.
The American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM) and the Andrews Research & Education Foundation are teaming up to provide one of the most complete musculoskeletal ultrasound courses available.
- General principles of ultrasound-guided interventions
- Cadaver demonstration of procedures
- Ultrasound of shoulder pathology
- Shoulder therapeutics
- Ultrasound of elbow pathology
- Elbow therapeutics
- Ultrasound of hand and wrist pathology
- Hand and wrist therapeutics
- Ultrasound of knee pathology
- Knee therapeutics
- Ankle and foot pathology
- Ankle and foot therapeutics
- Ultrasound of hip anatomy/pathology/procedures
- Ultrasound of inguinal hernias and athletic pubalgia
At the completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Describe the sonographic appearance of commonly encountered pathologies in the upper and lower limbs as well as the important role of ultrasound-guided procedures in the treatment of these pathologies;
- Outline the steps necessary for successful completion of ultrasound-guided interventional musculoskeletal procedures; and
- Discuss the indications and techniques for basic ultrasound-guided procedures, such as aspirations and injections, as well as more advanced procedures, such as percutaneous needle tenotomy, needle release of the carpal tunnel, and platelet-rich plasma injections.
This course is designed to meet the needs of learners who already have experience in musculoskeletal ultrasound but would like to bring their diagnostic and interventional skills to a higher level. The course material is appropriate for physicians, chiropractors, podiatrists, sonographers, and other health care professionals who evaluate and treat patients with regional musculoskeletal disorders.
For questions pertaining to this course, please contact the Events and Continuing Education Services Department at email@example.com.